Food Assistance Programs

SNAP: Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program

Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program – also known as SNAP –  provides food assistance through an electronic card that can be used at grocery stores and some farmers’ markets. You may also see this program referred to as: EBT or Food Stamps, or in Vermont as 3Squares. 

  • To apply on your own, visit:  DHHS.NH.GOV/SNAP

  • Have questions or need help applying?  The SNAP team at the NH Food Bank is ready to help. Call 1-877-347-7627 or visit  

SNAP Fruit & Vegetable & Farmers Market

  • Market Match (Double Up Food Bucks)

  • If you shop at a participating farmer’s market your SNAP stretches further on fruit & vegetables! Places like

    • Pete’s Stand

    • Bascom Farm

    • Monadnock Coop

    • Keene Farmer’s Market

    • and more

WIC:  Women, Infants & Children

  • Administered through Southwest Community Services 

  • The WIC program provides supplemental foods, health care referrals, and nutrition education at no cost to the families of low-income pregnant, breastfeeding and non-breastfeeding postpartum women, and to infants and children up to 5 years of age. Call 800-529-0005 ext 4234. 

For older adults: 

  • Commodity Supplemental Food Program: for adults 60 and up - administered by Southwest Community Services

  • The most convenient way to contact the program is to call Allen Markland at  603-719-4240.